WENA and The Locker Project are co-sponsoring a food drive on behalf of Reiche school children. According to the School District’s Food Security Task Force, 1 out of 2 Portland school-aged children is food insecure. Please join us in helping stock Reiche’s food pantry this holiday season!
- Especially desired kid-friendly items:
- granola bars
- canned chicken, beef, or veggie soups
- Chef Boyardee pop-top cans
- canned pasta sauce
- mac ‘n cheese
- instant ready meals: ramen, cup noodles, etc.
- fresh produce is welcome on the final morning (20 December)
- Dates, times, and locations for drop-offs:
- 11 – 20 December; 8:00 – 10:00 AM, Monday – Thursday, Book Nook in Reiche Community Room
- 13 December; 6:00 – 8:30 PM in conjunction with District 2 meeting, Reiche School
For the past two years, WENA has worked with The Locker Project by growing fresh produce in our Clark Street community garden plot. The harvest is distributed to Reiche students and their families.
FMI email: firstname.lastname@example.org.